Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Spenser lives on...

 (This sonnet by Edmund Spenser is an eternal one...One of my absolute favorites...)

FIRE AND ICE


My love is like to ice, and I to fire
How comes it then that this her cold so grate.
Is not dissolved through my so hot desire
But harder grows the more I her entreat?
Or how comes it that my exceeding heat
Is not delayed by her heart frozen cold
But that I burn much more in boiling sweat
And feel my flames augmented manifold?
                                                   What more miraculous thing may be told, 

                                                   That fire which all things melts should harden ice,
                                                   And ice which is congealed with senseless cold
                                                   Should kindle fire by wonderful device?
                                                   Such is the power of love in gentle mind
                                                   That it can alter all the course of kind.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so u started blogging huh.... good good

    ReplyDelete